Host An Event
Take a stand against family violence and abuse and host an event on behalf of the Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter. Your event will help raise awareness, and provide financial support for our organization. Events held by individuals and community partners allow us to provide much needed programs and services to support local families.
Independent special events, or third-party fundraisers are a very important component of our fundraising activities. Every event held in support of the Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter gets us one step closer to achieving our mission to end family violence and abuse. Third Party event options can include:
- Golf Tournaments (i.e. Charity of Choice for proceeds, selling mulligans and putting contests)
- Stampede Parties
- Corporate or individual events & parties
- Challenge Events (i.e. walks, runs, scavenger hunts, fitness/sport challenges)
- Auctions or Share of Ticket Sales
- Or your own creative and unique fundraising idea
Your event is your opportunity to participate in charitable and community work that is fun and meaningful, while sending an inspirational message to the community.
We encourage new events big and small. We are always interested in new partnerships and look forward to supporting your fundraising or awareness-building event however we can. Thinking about hosting an event? For creative ideas, permission, guidelines, and steps to host an amazing event, check out our fundraising guides: